Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sheila here-
We're having a great time. The weather has been very cooperative, usually raining while we're in the bus and stopping in time to get out and visit the sites. Lots of sunshine as well, most of us are in jeans or capris and short sleeves.
We've been to several standing stones but unfortunately none of us have heard the humming noise.
We love our driver Colin, he fits right in with us Maniacs. We had a substitute driver- Willie, a friend of Colin's- yesterday, and he was just as crazy.
Culloden yesterday was hard for most of us, because of the Outlander books.
Last night in Inverness some of us ate at an Italian restaurant, when we came out we heard bagpipes, it started pouring so we followed the piping band, when they stopped we talked to them a short time. They were on their way to the Legion hall where they play on Tuesday nights. They invited us in to hear them. We are now bagpipe groupies and were able to say- "we're with the band".
We will hate to come home, and are hoping we can find the rest of the McKeltars before next Tuesday.

5 comments:

ann alba said...

What no picture of you lasses doing a highland flig or the gay Gordons shame on you,JK I'm sure it gave the Lads a chance to show off, enjoy the rest of your journey I know I am.

Debbie H said...

Welcome to the groupie status. I've been following pipe bands and pipers at the festivals for years.*g* My DH knows if I hear a piper, I am off to find him. I can tell if it is one of my favorite pipers or not when I'm at the festivals. Floors my DH. LOL

Dawn said...

So.......how was it "being with the band?" It sounds like you are all having a lot of fun!

*Jo* said...

Bagpipe groupies! lol.
Sounds wonderful alll & all. I am there in spirit so make me proud!
Sigh.
Enjoy the rest of the day...
Can't wait for another update!

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear that you are having so much fun. Have really enjoyed reading the blogs. Anne