Monday, July 13, 2009

It's finally here!!


The trip we've been waiting for! Some of us have already started travelling and the rest of us are finishing up last minute things. Packing, repacking, paying bills, leaving copies of our itinery with family or friends, making sure we don't forget our passport or tickets... It's hard to believe that over 2 years ago we first started talking and planning this trip. We were still on the old board and had a separate one for the trip information. That seems like so long ago. We've since celebrated 2 years on the new forum, met many new friends there and even have some of them joining us for the trip. But it also seems as if the time has flown by.
When we first started planning this, we had over 80 lasses willing to go but unfortunately, either finances, or health problems or family obligations have kept many of them from going. You will be missed. For everyone reading this and wishing they could be with us, you are with us in spirit and we'll drink a toast to you. Sue, it was so great working with you on this, I couldn't have done it alone. And finding Konnie was truely wonderful. Thank you Konnie for all your hard work in putting this together for us and getting us what we wanted, a truely personalized experience.
Karen & Leiha, I would like to personally thank you for helping us to make this a reality. This trip is in your honor Karen for without you, all of us would not have met and this trip would not have come about. We are looking forward to visiting & exploring the places you have brought to life for us (especially a few caves near Loch Ness and a certain set of standing stones). May I speak for the rest of us when I say I wish you only the best and may your health always improve.
"See" everyone on the boards!
Debbie_D

5 comments:

Moning Maniacs said...

I definitely second that, Debbie. I can't wait to meet everyone who loves those wild and sexy Highlanders as much as I do....and doesn't roll their eyes when I talk about time travel, Druids, and big men in kilts.
We love you Karen, and wish you were with us on our journey, but you'll be with us in spirit...and spirits (whisky, ale, etc....).

Libby Anne S. said...

Have a fun and safe trip ladies! Wish I could've gone this year, maybe next time around. Oh and try not to traumatize the men there too much. haha

Moning Maniacs said...

Traumatize??? Us???? HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Debbie H said...

Ladies, have a wonderful time. Bottle some of the air for me, please? LOL

We do require lots of pics and will hold you to it.

Leiha said...

I can't wait to read about your fabulous adventures! I can't believe it's finally here. Yes, please take lots of pics, I already know you'll leave your mark on Scotland, LOL.