Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Loch Ness and Culloden

I found Nessie!!!! He let me pose with him! (and I have a soft little plushy Nessie to smuggle back to the states) We got to take a ferry across the great Loch Ness to the ruins of a castle. Some of us took off our shoes and walked out into the water (me). Loch Lomond was actually colder than Ness was today. I wanted to swim but I feel a sore throat beginning so I guess it is good that I didn't.

Before Loch Ness we went to Culloden and went through the very nice museum set up there and then walked the field. It is all so very sad, and having read Diana Gabaldon's Outlander books I knew the story of the battle pretty well already. I even felt exceptionally sad when the first clan grave marker I saw was of Fraser. :(We are on the road again in the morning so I am hitting the hay! Good night!
~Victoria

6 comments:

Debbie H said...

Vic, did you all watch the movie at the museum? It is so very sad what happened there.

ann alba said...

BEEN TO CULLODEN MANY TIMES
BREAKS MY HEART SO IT DOES,
THE PLACE HAS MANY A STORY TO TELL FOR THOSE WHO LISTEN CLOSELY.
LOOKS LIKE NESSY HAS A WEE FRIEND FOR LIFE EH VIC!
ENJOY A HOT TODDY FOR THAT THROAT LASS.

Gina said...

Awe, Vic! You make me smaile and cray all in the same post!!!!

Libby Anne S. said...

Nessie! hehe

Moning Maniacs said...

I am too lazy to log out, log in as Victoria, and log out an back in as a Maniac later so haha. Yeah, we watched the video in the museum :( It was both amazingly shot and played on all 4 walls of the room, and very sad and tragic.

and Nessie and I would have been BFFs if they let me swim with him. I just know it. However, we did take a wee dip in Loch Lachlorine yesterday (aka the indoor heated pool)

*Jo* said...

Okay Vic, so you saw Nessie! Good for you! Beautiful picture of you, if I might add. :0)

On a very respectful note and a moment of silence from me...I am getting goosebumps all over reading your comment about Culloden. And reading the 'Clan Fraser' stone.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness.
It couldn't have been an easy task to walk the moor.